7.18.2012

Commuting: an update on my drop bar trek 720 commuter and some photos





My previous post about my commuter has had a ton of hits.  Obviously a lot of people are interested in fitting these, or similar, types of bicycles as commuters.  I've continued to ride mine more than I ride anything else.  In the event that I ever had to have just one bike this would be a strong candidate.  Anything fancier would actually be worse-  a nicer bike would be more likely to be stolen, would make me worry about wearing it out/scratching/denting it etc., and truly wouldn't ride any better.  As shown above it has changed a bit since early last winter.  Notably I have upgraded the front wheel to a 29er wheel made by dtswiss for specialized.  I've also switched to a shorter stem with some relatively short-reach, shallow drop, bars.  Shifting is now handed with a 7800 DA front unit and an older suntour rear shifter.  I've also added a 30t chainring.  The other major change is the flat pedals-  they will go away again as we move into fall and I shift again to doing more training on this bike rather than just transportation cycling.

Here are a few more quick pictures from my commute







No comments:

Post a Comment